Wednesday, October 7, 2009

stART- Pooh and the Falling Leaves

A Story + Art = A great stART


Ryleigh's favorite character is Winnie the Pooh, so for this week's project we read Pooh and the Falling Leaves.

It is a cute book that tells about some of the activities in fall. After we read the book, I had Ryleigh do a fall collage to practice gluing.









I did not have any glitter, so I used expired sugar sprinkles instead. It actually worked really well and was easy to clean up!







Ryleigh working on gluing the "leaves" on the paper










The finished project
















For more great stART projects visit A Mommy's Adventures!

8 comments:

Madonna said...

I would have never thought to use sugar sprinkles. You are very resourceful.

Susana said...

Absolutely adorable! Very creative idea with the sprinkles too.

I love Winnie the Pooh:-).

Smith Clan said...

Very cute. I love how bright the sprinkles turned out.

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

Pretty brave, using sugar sprinkles - my children would have tracked it all through the house - but the project turned out great, so hurray for resourcefulness!

Adriana said...

Cute project! M LOVES Pooh right now too!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

A cute project and an interesting book. I just love to see what everyone is doing for StArt every week.

The Activity Mom said...

Turned out great! =)

Michelle said...

We had fun working on this project with you! I loved the sprinkles idea. Thanks for linking up :0)