Thursday, February 24, 2011

School Daze.... Tt is for Train...

This week we had so much fun in our classes... with so many kids "signed up" for Tot School Beginnings...hopefully once the warm weather hits we can do some stations outside... I should start looking at backyard swing sets for them to practice gross motor skills...

TOT SCHOOL BEGINNINGS
Braeden is 18 Months

This picture is from this week...if it looks like Braeden is eating the paint.... it is because he is...*sigh*... I just happened to capture it on film...the picture I was taking was of him stamping with the paint...I just happened to snap it at the same time he thought he should taste it...
Last week I had the toddlers put stickers on paper- a great fine motor activity....Braeden really liked it...and not so messy...
They also painted with water only...on construction paper... Braeden LOVED this one...
At the end of "class" we did parachute and bubbles... it is of course...the highlight...
PRESCHOOL
Ryleigh is 45 Months

I made a color by number Winter Scene Printable...the girls enjoyed coloring it...
We starting Rhyming puzzles this week (Melissa and Doug)... I really like these types of puzzles because they are easily self check-able (if the pieces fit together it is right)
NIGHT SCHOOL.... Ryleigh had a playdate on one of the nights I prepped some of the projects for school... instead of playing the whole time (which they still did plenty of)...they came over and wanted to practice measuring things.... (which is not what I was prepping)... so I got out our fun Insect Pattern Kit and some rulers...
Ryleigh practicing the pom pom transfer with training chopsticks...
We made ginormous squishy crystals... to see how check out my detailed post...
Ryleigh working on her alpha book...
The girls enjoyed doing this connect the (alphabet) dots to make a "T" that I found from making learning fun...
Our sight word this week was "said"... her Ryleigh is working on a book from Hubbards Cupboard...she is underling the word through out the story...
Our finished "t" is for train Letter of the Week Craft...

To see what others did this week check out Tot School at 1+1+1=1; Preschool Corner at Homeschool Creations; and the Weekly Wrap-up at Weird Unsocialized Homeschoolers.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun week! Love the bubble picture!

Anonymous said...

I agree! That bubble pic is awesome! Fun stuff!

Unknown said...

Such fun stuff! (I miss the younger ages...or maybe I should do more hands-on with my "older" kids!)

Jessy - Weekly Wrap-up
http://oursideofthemtn.blogspot.com

Jamie {See Jamie blog} said...

Oh my goodness, I love little ones. I miss that sort of thing. Enjoy it! :)

In Everything said...

love the ideas:) And the 18 month old is adorable;) I'll have to remember to have some of these simple ideas ... aka painting with H2O for my little man when I try to school the older ones next year:)

Nadia said...

looks like a fun week, where did you get the training chop stick from? We don't seem to get that here in south africa but it looks so useful