Friday, April 16, 2010

SCHOOL DAZE - Week Twenty-Two

Ryleigh is 35 Months and Braeden is 8 Months

This week we had Music Class, Dance Class (I stood inline to get recital tickets...almost Black Friday like....except is was warm, I was fully awake and people were friendly...), had some friends over for "playing projects" and did a stART project...

Also this week...I began making printables to download...and found that they can be quite addicting to make...now all I have to do is find the time...

THE ALPHABET
We have been doing the Letter of the Week which has helped Ryleigh learn her letters...but what really did it was the Leap Frog DVD's...Letter Factory and Word Factory....(and the Math ones have helped too...in the number department...but this is the alphabet section....)...anyway...she knows her Letters and the Sounds that they make...she is VERY into reading letters off of anything and everything...first she says the letter and then she says the sound...and then sometimes she says things like "U is for UP"... so at the moment I am trying to capitalize on it and do a lot of letter activities... This Week we did R is for Rabbit-from Totally Tots...

I found some fun Alphabet stickers at the Target Dollar Spot...I took the sticky off the back (so they are not stickers anymore)...but a fun alphabet matching game...
Ryleigh with her Melissa and Doug Alphabet Train Puzzle....
I made a Find the Letter Printable...we used our Bingo Markers to Find the Letter R...(I made all 26 Letters though...so Ryleigh has been having lots of fun with these)
Working on the R is for Rabbit...
The Finished Rabbit...we used a cotton ball for the tail, a pom pom for the nose and felt for the ears....
PRE-WRITING
I made some traceable shapes...I put them in a page protector and had the girls use dry- erase markers to trace the lines...We will be doing a lot of tracing practice.....
PRE-MATH
Numbers, Patterns & Puzzles
Ryleigh using her number flash cards...she totally loves these!
Some Melissa and Doug Puzzles....

I made a Number Match Printable....Ryleigh loved this one because she loves to count most things these days...
The girls played Duck Duck 1-2-3....It was very cute to see them play this now because they played it in the fall...and WHAT A DIFFERENCE! They can recognize numbers and count now...also they are really good about taking turns....
I had the girls use the felt board for some sequencing and pattern work...

Michelle brought over these fun roll a number printables that she made (also available on her blog A Mommy's Adventures)... The girls had fun rolling the dice and coloring the number on the frog...
SCIENCE/BAKING
We made butter...I recently found a recipe for this in a Mommy's Helper Cookbook...however, this project I took from Counting Coconuts...We took Heavy Cream...added a touch of salt...whisked it...and then shook it....I think because we used the whisk (me-the girls put the whisk in it)...it really didn't take so long to get into a solid mass...
Tasting the butter on a cracker... Emily is posing for her Mommy's Blog...
sometimes it is a little like the paparazzi at my house....
LIFE
This week Ryleigh got her "Big Girl Bed"... she will proudly tell you that she has one...but as of yet...not so interested in actually sleeping in it...and opts for the floor instead....

Ryleigh standing next to her Big Girl Bed
Ryleigh burping her baby...her baby is VERY special to her...
not quite as special as the Elmo's...but a close 2nd...
My Favorite Picture of Ryleigh this week...she loves to be outdoors...

TINY TOT SCHOOL
This week Braeden turned 8 Months Old... He is becoming more mobile by the day...He has discovered that he can bounce on his bottom across the floor...instead of crawling...also...he loves to play with Ryleigh...his whole face lights up...I think their favorite activity together right now is laughing...one will start and the other will join in...it usually ends up with both getting hiccups...and I have no idea what it is that they are laughing at...hopefully it is not me... :)

Spending some time outside...
getting some fresh spring air and watching Ryleigh run...
Braeden playing with the Drum...
Contemplative...
Coy...
Bouncing across the floor...
Playing with Juliette while the girls do their projects...
Happy...
In sister's room...he pulled off Pooh Bear off her rocker...
I do not think she was amused...
Tummy Time....
My Favorite picture of Braeden this week...his grumpy...actually... I think he is trying to figure out why I keep taking his picture...
To see what others are doing for their school time check out 1+1+1=1 and Homeschool Creations
Tot School



11 comments:

Sela said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog :)
I would love to know what LeapFrog dvd you mentioned about numbers. My daughter LOVES letter factory and it's helped so much already (just got it about a week ago), hoping maybe we could do the same thing with numbers.
Looks like a great week, isn't fun to have someone to do preschool with?

Cindy said...

What a great week! We love the LeapFrog videos. What a great idea to use a bingo marker for the letter finds. Aiden would love that!

Brandie said...

We love the LeapFrog series as well. You can buy the box set at Toys R Us (Letter Factory, number one, word factory, etc).

Kaelyn JUST started sleeping in her bed, she preferred a pallet on the floor, and Anna has started doing the same.

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Great week - it's great that Ryleigh makes such a great progress with both letters and numbers. And I loved all the Brayden pictures - he is so cute!

Ticia said...

Okay, Riley with the baby doll is super cute, I can see why you love it.
I know what you mean about finding the time.....

Counting Coconuts said...

Fantastic week! So glad you tried the butter! Fun, right?!

Mari-Ann
Counting Coconuts

Unknown said...

What great teaching tools you have. They look like fun!

Susan-Chasing Marcus said...

How sweet! My little one has been very into the letter find. Lately all things letters and numbers have interested her.
I really like your huge felt board patterning work. We have a small felt board, but a big one would be oh so cool!

Ashley said...

I love your blog and all your ideas. I love your letter finds.

Lisa @ Our Country Road said...

I love that last picture of Brayden, and your Rabbit is adorable! Printables ARE addicting, yours came out well.

melaniet42 said...

Love your letter search printable - what a fantastic idea!!! You had a great week; we'll have to check out some LeapFrog videos.