Friday, April 9, 2010

School Daze- Week Twenty One

Ryleigh is 35 Months and Braeden is 7 Months

This week has been very laid back as we get back in the swing of things after our spring/Easter Break... We still had Musical Mondays, a stART project, The Letter of the Week- Q is for Quilt, and some friends over one day for baking and "tot" school...

I am starting to teach Piano to my music class and am using Ryleigh to perfect my lesson plan...here we used the story of Goldilocks and the 3 Bears to learn octaves.....to read all the details go HERE.

Ryleigh portraying Goldilocks with a run of the keys...
When I have other kids over for school time I like to have a lesson plan in place...in advance...however, this does not always happen...this week I had both the Letter of the Week and Baking Lesson figured out but hadn't gone much further...anyway.... I was looking on my school shelves and came across our UNO cards... long story short... I had the girls use clothespins to put the correct number on the card...for example...if there is a 2 on the card..2 clothespins...and then count the pins... I had them do this for 0-5...Ryleigh liked it so I think we will do it again...and add in more numbers.... and add the number or dots to the pins...

Ryleigh putting the pins on the cards...
The girls tracing from the KUMON tracing book... I put the pages in page protectors and gave them dry erase markers....
We made the Letter Q into a quilt.... On black construction paper we made a glue "Q" and then had the girls put tissue paper squares on to make a quilt...
For our baking project we made fried dough...YUMMY... we used pizza dough...the girls made their dough into shapes and then I fried it with olive oil...drained it...let it cool...and then gave it back to them to either roll in cinnamon and sugar or powdered sugar...
Ryleigh rolling her dough in the sugar mixture...
I made Ryleigh a few pages of Easter themed bottle top spellers...

ALPHABET "WORK"...
When school was not in "session" Ryleigh played with some bath foam letters (and numbers)... her flashcards and many puzzles...and Elmo was there to help if needed...


Ryleigh working on her stART project....we did duck prints...
Some Physical Activity....
Ryleigh is constantly running, but this week I thought I would share some pictures of her adventures....
Ryleigh in the bushes scavenging for Easter Eggs....
Playing soccer with her new friend after the egg hunt...
Outside...I just really like this picture so I thought I'd share it....
Jumping on the trampoline with her friend Maia...
they are actually about the same height but Ryleigh is in midair....
On the horse....it is VERY hard to get her off this...
TINY TOT SCHOOL
Braeden loves to play with his sister... and Ryleigh loves to play with him... he spends most of his days watching her and laughing uncontrollably....
Braeden playing with the puppy toy... that likes to repeat the same song over and over again...
He likes things that rattle...
I just like this one...
Outside watching the egg hunt...
and getting some fresh air in the warm weather...
before a nice afternoon nap in the breeze....
To see what others are doing for
Tot School go to 1+1+1=1 and for Preschool go to Homeschool Creations
Tot School


12 comments:

Michelle said...

So many great activities. My favorite was eating the fried dough :0)

Clothes pin Uno was really neat too, I am looking forward to doing that again.

Michelle Gibson said...

I love the hands on activities - especially love those duck prints - so cute!

Trudie said...

Every time I visit she just gets bigger! She is a little lady! Love all your fabulous activities that you do with her.

TIFFANY said...

Thanks for stopping by. I love the bottle top spellers. I hadn't seen those before. I think I'll start working on a set of those for my son.

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

I liked outside pictures - you clearly have a much better weather than we do :) Fried dough sounds very yummy, and it's awesome that Ryleigh gets to play a piano so early. Oh, and in our house Anna's kitty is always there to help her when she is working hard on something :)

Debbie said...

We have used UNO cards here too. It looks like everyone had fun! Love the fried dough, I use to make fried bread or English muffins a lot.

Mandy said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love all your ideas. I really like reading about your music class. My daughter takes a music class on Mondays that sounds similar!

Tara said...

Love all your activities ... I think we'll be doing the Q Quilt, fried dough, and piano activity soon! Thanks!

Donette said...

All your activities are so great, how can I choose the favourite!
Kids are adorable!

Fun Frugal Mommy said...

I love that you have other kids over for school time. I was hoping to get some preschool moms and kids together to do a circle time and activity once a week. I really love the clothespin uno game.

Anonymous said...

What a fun week! I love the trampoline! I might need to get one of those to run off some of Sammy's energy :-)

Susan-Chasing Marcus said...

What a creative way to use the uno cards. I love how activities can pop up like that.