Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Whatcha Making Wednesdays.... pigs in a blanket....chocolate cake


This week the kids made Pigs in a blanket.... so super easy...and yummy!!! Basically we take a Pillsbury croissant dough triangle and a piece of American cheese .... and wrap it around a hot-dog .... bake in the oven at 375 for 15 minutes....

I unfortunately did not get any good pictures of this activity... so... I thought I would share pictures of Ryleigh baking a cake two years ago.... when she was Braeden's age... It is a little strange for me to look back at them and see all the stuff that I let her bake... and be so hesitant to let Braeden do it now.... here she made a Chocolate Cake (dairy free...as I was nursing Braeden and he couldn't have dairy)...

Ryleigh stirring some Flour...

Pouring in some oil and water...

The finished cake...I let Ryleigh pick out which cake pan she wanted to put it in :)

If you have a baking/cooking (etc.) activity that you have done with children and would like to share... please link up!!!! We are always looking for fun...and yummy recipes. If you do link up...please try and visit someone else's entry and share some comment love...

For a Reminder of the Guidelines to Link Up...Please visit here


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

pigs in a blanket sound like a great kids activity! That cake looks delicious!

Erika said...

Mmm, pigs in a blanket are yummy! And your daughter is so cute!

(Sorry about the double link for the cupcakes. It was acting up as I was trying to choose a pic.)