Thursday, March 17, 2011

School Daze...Wonderful Ww...

BRAEDEN is 19 Months

RYLEIGH is 46 Months

Braeden...hanging out in the tunnel...playing with
the blocks...he was using it like a fort.... and would not let his sister go through it...Braeden working with this Month's Sensory Bin.... he really likes to throw pretty much all the items out of the bin...
Braeden feels that if he throws items over babygates and whatnot then he will be able to go get them... he really wanted to see what the older girls were working on...
After having their hand prints done the kids still wanted to paint.... it's one of Braeden's most fun things to do... he loves the messy...
Braeden's stART project this week... a handprint Shamrock...
Ryleigh showing Braeden how to do his letters on the chalkboard...
One of Ryleigh's favorite activities next to dancing and singing is baking... here we made Carrot Cake Cupcakes...
Working on her alpha book...
I made this worksheet and used it with the girls to practice following directions..and directions in multiple steps...
I had the girls use tiny shamrock stickers to outline "Ww"...a great fine motor activity...
We practiced sequencing... this was the life cycle of an apple that I got from here...
Coloring by number that I found at 1+1+1=1...
Working with the alphabet I Spy Tube....she loves these...I am definitely going to be making more of these!
Ryleigh's stART project- thumbprint shamrocks...
Playing play dough during TSB... most of the time Ryleigh prefers to have her own special projects during Braeden's school time...but once in awhile she likes to play with what they are doing...
Practicing writing letters and drawing shapes with Paint in a Bag... I had made a few for TSB and thought the older girls would like to play with them too...
Our sight word this week was "there"...here Ryleigh is underlining it in her St. Patrick's Day book from Hubbards Cupboard...
Ryleigh lacing....I found these last fall at the target dollar spot...
I had the girls make whipped cream...by pouring some heavy cream, vanilla and a little confectionery sugar into a container...and having them shake it... they got to see it go from a liquid to a solid (ish)... then we served with strawberries...
Our Letter of the Week Craft was "w" is for wave!

To see what others did this week check out Tot School at 1+1+1=1; Preschool Corner at Homeschool Creations; and the Weekly Wrap-up at Weird Unsocialized Homeschoolers.
To see more Ww activities check out The Attached Mama.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun week! I love the whipped cream and the Shamrock crafts!!

Michelle said...

What a great week...we are so glad we got to come for some of it :0)

Tori said...

It looks like you had a great week! I love the hand print and thumb print shamrocks!

Brandi said...

I love that hand print shamrock! :) Looks like a fun week!

Lisa @ Our Country Road said...

I agree, the handprint and thumbprint shamrocks are great!! I cant blame Brayden for wanting to join the girls! You had a fun week :)

phasejumper said...

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my blog! I enjoyed this post (and a bunch more after that) because my little "B" is the around the same age and seems to act just like Braeden!

Liz said...

What a fun week! Love the tunnel fort! We made shamrock handprints too, so fun and cute!

Ewa said...

Great week. Your boy is very skillful painer ;-). I love the carrot cupcakes;-) Would you mind sharing a recepe ? We love cupcakes and still search for new ways to make them. Love.
Ewa

Autismland Penny said...

Looks like a fun week. I loved all the shamrock crafts too!