Thursday, March 31, 2011

School Daze... Yy is for Yippi....or Yarn...

Ryleigh is 47 Months and Braeden is 19 Months

In Tot School Beginnings they continued to use their St. Patrick's Day themed Sensory Bin.

In Preschool, I did not take pictures of all of their work...like cutting, coloring, connect the dots, stamping, counting, etc.... I have found that when I actually take pictures of everything...I have like 300 photos to go through for the school post... YIKES! So... here are the highlights....

Braeden putting the straws in the container
(you can also see there was a button sort acti
vity)...Playing Play dough...
The little ones did water transferring this week... I had them use a sponge, an empty container and a water filled container (all over trays)... it went really well...Braeden is the only one who went splashing when he was done...BUT...he did the activity first...
Ryleigh playing with the alphabet box...wearing my hat...she likes to be accessorized at all times...
Ryleigh and Elmo... can you tell who is who?
Ryleigh and Teagan making Brownies... I love this picture because they are so synchronized with their cooking...
Playing with the aquadoodle... they each took a third of it (more or less) and there were no issues of sharing... the girls each used paint brushes but Braeden loved using the "magic pen"... an excellent activity to do while waiting for the brownies to cook...
Working on her alpha book...
For Science the next couple of weeks we will be focusing on Spring and planting/gardening... Along with some other crafts/ideas we are using this Garden Pack from Homeschool Creations... I am adding the activities little by little into their folders... so far they love it!
March is out like a lamb...except not really...because this weather is awful...but anyway...I had the girls do Hand Print Lambs... We painted their palms and middle 3 fingers black, the pinky and thumb white and then added googly eyes...
The finished Hand Print Lambs...
To practice their Spanish the girls played Bingo...one day we did the numbers- the other day we did the colors...I called out either the number or color in Spanish and they marked their card with the bead...
To celebrate spring...the girls decorated some butterfly wands...
For our Letter of the Week Craft, the girls made "y" is for yarn... and had fun gluing different colors of yarn to a paper ball for the background...

To see what others did this week check out Tot School at 1+1+1=1; Preschool Corner at Homeschool Creations; and the Weekly Wrap-up at Weird Unsocialized Homeschoolers.
To see more Yy activities check out The Attached Mama.

15 comments:

phyllis said...

IT'S INCREDIBLE WHAT YOU DO WITH THESE KIDS! YOU ARE AN AMAZING TEACHER! WHAT LUCKY KIDS!
OF COURSE, THEY ARE ADORABLE TOO!

Brandi said...

Fun! I love the yarn activity! :)

schmobes said...

I am working on Spanish with my kids and I totally forgot about bingo! Thanks for the reminder!

Jolanthe said...

Love those yarn balls. So fun to see others working on the Garden Pack too!

Kay said...

i really like the idea of your tot school!! did you guys come together on that or is it a curriculum you know? i am also impressed! i don't think my son is ready for that, but i would love to have that option available for me!

Jenni said...

Your photos are adorable! I love all the different activities you do. Just stopping by from Weekly Wrap-Up to say hi!

Rebecca said...

I love the synchronized baking photo :) And i just posted about using our aquadoodle too- ha!

Anonymous said...

Great week! Love the yarn yo yo :-)

Rachel said...

Visiting from 1+1+1=1. Just became a new a follower!

Lisa @ Our Country Road said...

Cute Y for yarn! I think I need to take the plunge and move from the little alphabet boxes I have to the hardware box-it looks much easier to navigate. I like your alphabet stickers on the front, they look so cheery!

jess_hak said...

I know everyone else has said it, but I love the Y is for yarn. Will definitely be using this when we get to Y :) Very cute!

Fiona said...

That alphabet box is great! I am looking for something similar-would ask where you got it but I am in the UK so unlikely I could get hold of it! x

Andrea said...

I love the Spanish Bingo idea. :)

Unknown said...

First time visiting your blog! Great ideas..LOVE the alphabet box!

MommyKuehner said...

I love that alphabet box.

New follower from Weird Unsocialized blog hop. Come visit us sometime....www.krazykuehnerdays.com

Have a great weekend
Renita