Monday, June 7, 2010

The Syracuse Zoo...

This year for Memorial Day, we traveled to upstate NY....a long car ride... one of the fun activities that we did was go to the zoo...it was actually Braeden's first time at the zoo (I know...9 months old and had never been before;)) ...anyhoodle here are some of the pictures from our adventurous weekend....

Ryleigh...writing a "list"...of things Elmo likes to do...in our hotel room...
Braeden...chillin' ...
The Elmos...only two came with us...Elmo and Baby Elmo...
(They look exactly alike, but she can tell them apart....)

Grandma with Braeden...enjoying the nice weather
Ryleigh and I...also enjoying the nice weather...
Ryleigh watching the ducks...they are her favorite
The many faces of Braeden...
Curious...
Amused...
The "are you kidding me with this- get the camera out of my face-
you are blocking my view of the animals"...

Ryleigh looking at the bear
Touching the wool...ok she isn't really touching it...but I did have her pose like she was....
it is believable right?

Milking a goat...(made out of wood...but still)
Ryleigh...briefly glancing at the elephant...
and then wanting to go back to milk the goat again...

Back to the goat...

* I did not include the pictures of the animals that we saw because...well...it's not really about them... and I plan on using them...wait for it....for a future school post...I know...you...are...shocked...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great trip! The goat milking looks like a lot of fuN!

Laura said...

Photos rock!! Great job.

Danielle said...

I love the elephants at Rosamond Gifford Zoo! Next time we'll have to meet you there!

Jen said...

I don't know if you know how to crochet or know someone who does, but I saw this and thought your daughter would LOVE it!
http://girlinair.blogspot.com/2010/06/how-to-make-elmo-hat.html