Thursday, September 9, 2010

School Daze - A and Apples

Braeden is 12.5 months and Ryleigh is 40 months

This week was our first official start of preschool for Ryleigh and tot school for Braeden. We also had Dance class, Musical Mondays, stART and Ryleigh went to a picnic with her friends...gasp...without us... and had a fantastical time...

Thank you to Dawn and Janet for sending me the pictures from the picnic!
Ryleigh and Elena...how cute are they?
Ryleigh riding a horse for the first time...
The girls watching an animal show of some sort...
This week my Grandfather turned 90...and came over to celebrate...Happy 90th Birthday Grandad!!!
Ryleigh playing dominoes with my Grandparents...
Ryleigh playing dominoes with Grandad...
Braeden...so in need of a nappy....but so excited from the celebration....
TOT SCHOOL:
This was Braeden's first official week of tot school...he was... of course...thrilled... here are some of the highlights from his week...to note...he really only had "tot school" one day this week, as his friends were over while their sisters were doing projects together....

Playing with his Leap Frog Farm (with blocks)...
while holding onto his balloon...he refused adamantly to let go of it....
Playing with his puzzle...
Throwing items over the baby gate into the kitchen...this was not on the schedule...but we all need to be a little spontaneous in our studies now and then...right?
Playing with his piggy bank...
Helping the girls play with the bean bags I made...he LOVES to carry them around....
Preschool:
The girls were so excited to start preschool...and loved having their backpacks... I have re-decorated the dining room for the time being as our school room...until our new room is completed... we started each school day off with calendar time which includes days of the week, weather, letter and number of the week and spanish...

The letter of the week was Aa and the theme was apples...
I had the girls start an alphabet notebook...we put a scrapbooking sticker "A" on the first page and had them clue items that start with A on the page.
The girls also worked on their gross motor skills by playing catch with some bean bags....
Ryleigh working on apple prints, which we did for our stART project...
I printed a worksheet and some tracing cards from Confessions of a Homeschooler for the girls to work on. They were apple themed...

This week we were going to make apple crisp...however, I did not end up having enough apples in the house so instead they made "adorable pudding pies"...that counts as "a" right?... I had the girls mix the pudding and milk up in ziplock bags..and then smoosh the pudding into the graham cracker crust...(yummy)....

They also did Find the Letter...for "A" and then "a"... I will add them to the printables shortly, after I finish the whole alphabet so it can be downloaded all at once....

From making learning fun, I downloaded both the "A" and "a" in an apple theme for the girls to use the bingo markers on...
My friend Dawn brought a very cute activity over...index cards numbered 1-10 (bound together) and then they put the equivalent number of stickers on the back...
For the letter of the week we made "a" is for apple... I saw this craft on totally tots made out of foam (?) so we adapted it a little...the seeds are Ryleigh's finger prints...

Ryleigh gluing the "a" to the paper....
The finished letter....
Also from making learning fun, I downloaded an apple themed book for the girls to make...which Ryleigh enjoyed reading on her own throughout the afternoon....
A photo of Thursday's class... when I have completed the calendar board I will do a close up of it...

To see what others did this week check out
Tot School at 1+1+1=1; Preschool Corner at Homeschool Creations; and the Weekly Wrap-up at Weird Unsocialized Homeschoolers.

17 comments:

Christy Killoran said...

Great week!!!! I love the spontaneous learning going on with throwing items over the gate!! The picnic photo and horseback riding photo are super cute.

phyllis said...

Fabulous!
The activities look like so much fun
but yet are educational!
And of course the kids are
beautiful!

Lynn said...

Looks like a really fun week for all of them!

J.L. BOSTICK said...

Great post! You wouldn't happen to know where to find those large dominoes? My daughter is blind and I bet those would work great!


FYI-I am a new follower from the Friday hop. :)

Katie said...

Wow! You have some busy, busy little ones. Looks like fun!

Unknown said...

Hi just calling by from your latest follower. Love the photos. Your doing a great job.
"Make a Friday a day to celebrate work well done that you can be proud of knowing that you just didn't put in time to the next pay check."
Byron Pulsifer
Be sure to check my blog out www.jamarahcraftycreations.blogspot.com
Sarah.

Jeanette said...

I am making an alphabet book with my daughter this year too. Both my kids like doing counting activities with stickers like the one you had.
Looks like a fun week.

Just Trying To Save Money said...

They are so cute!! Have a great weekend! Stopping by the blog hop to say hi!

www.justtryingtosavemoney.com

Unknown said...

Awesome!
Following from bloghop...would love to have you follow back!
http://funfritzfamily.blogspot.com/

Joesette said...

Looks like a great, fun week!

Your grandfather does NOT look like he's 90!

Helene said...

Your kids are so adorable! Looks like you're all having a blast with the learning activities!

My kids had that same piggy toy and they loved it!

MissMOE said...

What a wonderful week! I love the spontaneous learning!

Unknown said...

Such cute little ones! Have a very blessed week!

Sherry

Carrie said...

Oh, I love those dot pages - going to look at them right now! Love your tiny tot school with your little guy, too! :) So cute!

Tracey M. said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving your sweet comment! I really like both your Tot School & preschool posts. My son really wanted a little pig piggy bank we saw in the store & I didn't get it ... but I like this one with the plastic coins to put in. You have a great variety of arts & crafts...making those pies looks really cool. Have a nice week.

Lisa @ Our Country Road said...

I love your fun week! The apple page is my favorite. I want your calendar too :). I tried to order one like it from CSN but it was on backorder. Maybe Christmas :).

Anonymous said...

oo what a great week!! Love the way the a craft turned out! I just ordered a calendar this week and seeing yours makes me all the more excited to get it in the mail!