Thursday, August 26, 2010

School Daze- A Week of Play....

Ryleigh is 39 Months and Braeden is 12 Months

This week we did a watercolor stART project, musical mondays, dance class and lots of playdates...Lately Braeden has been really into wrestling...and Ryleigh really likes tumbling...so there is usually a lot of rolling around going on...

Braeden wrestling with Ryleigh...
Braeden successfully pounced....
Braeden...."I didn't do anything...." and Ryleigh laughing hysterically...
Ryleigh working on a huge floor puzzle to help practice numbers...
Braeden loves his farm animal block toy...great for fine motor skills
I had the girls transfer beans with the ice cream dollar spot finds...
(next time I set the trays up I will have them do the activity from left to right...
to help with pre-reading)

I used the math counting dot cards (from Confessions of a Homeschooler)and had the girls first count the dots, look at the number on the card...and then put the 3-D cylinder shape over the dot to help re-enforce the quantity of the number...
At target I picked up 2 of the magnetic alphabets from the dollar spot...so love the dollar spot... and had the girls each pick 8 letters from the first set...and then I drew letters from the second...and they had to "match" the letter...it kept them all entertained and focused...because they needed to see if they had the letter that was picked...
Then I used some of our Kumon tracing pages in page protectors for the girls to practice their pre-writing skills...
Ryleigh LOVES puzzles...and really liked doing these Melissa and Doug Jigsaws in a box when Granny came over this week....
During Braeden's afternoon nap...Ryleigh and I worked on Numbers with our Eric Carle number flashcards....they are so pretty!!
On a playdate with her cousin Sari, Ryleigh experienced the WII for the first time...did I spell that right?...they played bowling and dancing...and she LOVED it...the girls were so cute together..
During another Braeden nap, Ryleigh and I played Crazy 8's (which is what we normally do at some point during nappy time)...and Pooh's Go Together Game...which is great for a different kind of logic thinking...you match up cards that should go together, i.e. hammer and nail, wind and kite...etc.... and they are self checking....if you turn a match over they should line up to make a picture...
At another playdate, Braeden had fun exploring new toys...
and trying to yank the rug out from his friends....*sigh*....
he is cute when he is destructing...


To see what others are doing this week check out 1+1+1=1 for tot school; Homeschool Creations for Preschool Corner; and Weird Unsocialized Homeschoolers for the weekly wrap-up...

12 comments:

Counting Coconuts said...

What a great week! Your kids are lucky to have you as their mama! :)

Would love to know where you got the Eric Carle cards and the Pooh Go Together game - thanks!!

Christy said...

I am so impressed. Great week!

Amy Edge said...

Awesome week. Following you from Blog Hop Fridays!

Lindsay said...

what fun! Love the Eric Carle cards I bet they are beautiful! Looks like everyone had an awesome week!

Paisley Parmer said...

They look they had lots of fun!

Terra said...

What a wonderful week! I love the pictures of the kids wrestling. They are so cute. We have a Wii, but my little monkey has only played it once. We got so frustrated with eachother because she wanted to do everything by herself, but she didn't know how. I would try to help and she would get mad. We haven't played on it since...lol.

See Jamie blog said...

Your kids are soooo cute!

SmallWorld at Home said...

So precious! What a wonderful time in your life!

joelle said...

Oh the wrestling. Looks like my boys, except younger. Great week! Way to go . ..

Giggly Girls said...

Awesome week! I love how you used the foam blocks with the counting cards. I'm going to have to try that next week.

Krissy said...

Wow! That looks fun!! :) I'm starting my daughter on stuff too for school. Your kids are so adorable!!

I'm following you from Friday Blog Hop!! Hopefully you can stop by and follow us too!

http://theartsymom.tk

Infant Bibliophile said...

I've been really wanting to get some Kumon books. I've never seen them in person but it seems like they are well liked by others! I thought they'd be good for entertaining my son when our next baby arrives this fall.