Thursday, March 1, 2012

TOS Reading Eggs

Photobucket

We have been working on reading this year in K4 and Letter Sounds in Tot School, so I was thrilled when I got the opportunity to review Reading Eggs.

Reading Eggs is an online program for ages 3-13.... from learning to read to increasing reading comprehension. There are lots of fun games that the kids really liked. I used it with Braeden (age 2 1/2) and Ryleigh (almost 5). Both seemed to really enjoy it.
image

Although technology is such a huge part of today's society.... I was not super excited to have the kids use my laptop (that I also use for work).... if you are like me and prefer tangible lessons: Reading Eggs also offers companion books and writing workbooks to go along with the program. These are optional, but reinforce each online lesson.

One thing that I did appreciate was that it tracked each child's progress which was very helpful.

There is a 14-day free trial available.... how fun is that?!? Subscription options:
  • 12 months for $75
  • 6 months for $49.95
  • Monthly for $9.95
*For the 6 or 12 month subscriptions, add a second or third child for 50% off)*
To learn more about Reading Eggs, be sure to visit their website.

*As a member of the TOS Crew review program I was given a free copy of this product to review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. To see what other members of the Crew thought click below:
Photobucket

No comments: