Thursday, April 7, 2011

School daze...catching up with j and m....

Ryleigh is 47 Months and Braeden is 19 Months

Next week in Preschool we are doing letter "z"... but we had two letter of the week crafts to catch up on...so we did them this week.... other than that... I have stopped taking pictures of the worksheet items that they do (for the most part)...because really... it is the same picture over and over again ... just insert different worksheet :-)

Here are some of the highlights from this week... (to see messy fun check out my wordless Wednesday post...)

The new sensory bin for April....Easter themed...Braeden and one of his friends with the sensory bin...I am pretty sure they were having a conversation about how much they liked the new bin...but were slightly disappointed that it was harder to create a mess with...
Some play-dough fun....
Braeden working on his shapes and colors.... he matches nicely...
I had the little ones paint their Easter Egg Cut outs with Popsicle sticks to create fun swirls.... they all did really well...
Braeden....at the table during preschool science time...lately he has been ignoring his naps...perhaps I should move back his bed time from 6:30.....
Working on sorting fruits and vegetables from the garden pack at Homeschool Creations...
Lacing some animal shapes...
Ryleigh talking to her Bubbe (Grandmother) on the phone...I believe she was describing our yard to her...and had the phone up so she could see....
I found these cute bunny egg dippers at the grocery store (so a got a few for class)...great for transfer activities!
We used Easter egg erasers to make and complete patterns....
For "j" I cut up a picture of jelly beans in a jig saw shape...so the girls had to put them together before they were glued to the paper... love the multi-tasking...The finished "m" is for map... (there is a map of NY state behind the "m")

To see what others did this week check out Tot School at 1+1+1=1; Preschool Corner at Homeschool Creations; and the Weekly Wrap-up at Weird Unsocialized Homeschoolers.
To see more J and M activities check out The Attached Mama.

7 comments:

Cristine said...

These are great activities for me to try.
Following from the Friday Blog Hop
Hope that you can stop by
More 4 Mom's Buck
www.more4momsbuck.com

Jolanthe said...

love the letter j and m activities!! the map idea is so cute!! :)

Anonymous said...

Hello! New Follower from blog hop. Would love for you to follow me back :-)

http://fulloftipsmama.blogspot.com/

Susan said...

I would love to try the activities with my daughter

I am following you (suelee1998) from the blog hop, you have a great site. Would you like to follow me back? http://susansdisneyfamily.blogspot.com/
thank you :)

Felicia said...

Love some of these ideas and love the sensory bin.

Stopping by for the Friday Blog Hop and following.

You can find me here: http://feliciaslegend.blogspot.com

Hope to see you around.

Unknown said...

Great ideas! I love the picture of your daughter holding the phone up to the window. Sweet.

Lulu said...

Cute sensory bin! I made my first ever for this week- was a success when my tot played with it this morning!

Does your 19 month old have issues using normal crayons- my son is almost 16 months but he would surely break them if I gave him small crayola ones like that so i have olny given him easy grip ones!

I came over from tot school!