Nearly 2,000 curriculum-based education videos and a quiz database of over 23,000 curriculum-based multiple-choice questions provides online learning for 11 different subjects and more than 260 curriculum topics for K-12 grades. And more material and resources are being added all the time.
I really liked how you could print out lesson plans for the videos (optional)... it made doing a "mini lesson" nice and easy. The videos have the option of closed caption running with them which I liked.... but as Ryleigh has only just turned 5...does not read well enough yet to keep up with them yet :-) They also have lots of quizes with the videos which are useful to make sure that the material is grasped.
I did find that the site in general overwhelmed me with how many things were available...if it is possible to offer too many videos.... overall though, I was impressed with how vast the categories were...from Science to Music....
I previewed all videos shown to Ryleigh before she saw them, just to make sure the content was ok for our house...and depending on the guidelines in your house, you may want to do the same :-)
Zane offers several membership levels:
- Basic Membership that provides demo videos and free math videos.
- Gold Membership—includes all videos, quizzes, lesson plans, and many bonus materials ($17.99/month or $197.89/year)
- Silver Membership—includes all videos for an age/grade level plus quizzes and lesson plans ($12.99/month or $142.89/year)
- Bronze Membership—includes all videos for a subject ($8.99/month or $98.89/year)
- Topic Taster Membership—includes videos for a single topic plus lesson plans and quizzes ($5.00/month)
*Through August, 2012, Zane Education is offering a 35% discount on any Gold, Silver, or Bronze 1-year membership with the coupon code, ZE395HSM